1. How do I change my password?
After logging in
, you can change your password by going to My AAA Account
and selecting My Profile
. From My Profile you can select the Change Password button that appears at the bottom of the page.
Note: Your password must be a minimum of 7 characters long with at least one number and one letter.
2. What do I do if I have forgotten my username or password?
Member usernames are at least 6 digits long and are typically set to the first initial of the members first name followed by the entirety of their last name. John Smith's username would be "jsmith".
Firm usernames are set by default to AAA plus the firm number. Firm 12345 would have a username of "AAA12345".
If you do not remember your username, please use the Forgot username
link on the Login page.
If you do not remember your password(s), please use the Forgot password
link on the Login page. Passwords must be a minimum of 7 characters long with at least one number and one letter.
If you require further assistance, please email
or contact us at 780-432-0224.
3. What is the deadline for payment of my annual membership dues?
Annual dues must be paid by December 15th of the same year the dues invoice is issued. After December 15th, a late fee will be applied to outstanding invoices.
Failure to pay dues by February 28th of the following year will result in cancellation of membership.
4. What methods of payment are accepted?
Payment methods include Visa, MasterCard, e-transfer and cheques/bank drafts (made payable to The Alberta Association of Architects and mailed to the office).
Credit card payments can be made online.
5. Where can I find a copy of my dues invoice?
After logging in
, your invoice can be found on the My Invoices and Receipts
page under My AAA Account
6. Once my dues are paid, how can I obtain a copy of my receipt?
Once your payment has been processed, a copy of your receipt will be sent to the email address we have on file within 3 business days. The receipt will also be made available online and can be found in the My Invoices and Receipts page of your profile.
7. If payment is made with a cheque or eTransfer, how will I know if the AAA has received it?
Once payment is applied to your profile, a copy of your receipt will be emailed to you and made available online with 3 business days.
8. How do I make changes to my membership status?
Members wishing to change or cancel their individual or firm/corporation membership must complete and submit a Change to Membership application
Note: This application does not facilitate all changes to membership (i.e. Interns requesting registration, firms requesting to register as a corporation, etc.). If the desired change is not listed, please contact [email protected] (members with last names falling within A-L) or [email protected] (members with last names falling within M-Z) for assistance. Please submit any status changes before the December 15 dues payment deadline.
9. How do I change my personal information (such as address or employer information)?
To edit your profile, login to the AAA website and select My Profile
from the My AAA Account
menu item. From this page you can edit the contact information for both your home and employment address.
Note: If you are updating or changing your employer information and the employer is not listed on the selection panel, please forward the notice of changes to the AAA. Members whose last name falls withing A-L can contact [email protected]; members whose name falls within M-Z can contact [email protected] for more information.
10. If i have changed my legal name in the last year, how do I update my member profile?
Please submit your change request via email and include a scanned copy of your name change certificate. Members whose last name falls withing A-L should contact [email protected]
; members whose name falls within M-Z should contact [email protected]
11. If I am moving to another province, can I transfer my membership?
Dues are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Members whose last name falls withing A-L can contact [email protected]
; members whose name falls within M-Z can contact [email protected]
for more information.
12. Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my membership dues?
Please contact the AAA office at 780-432-0224 or email your inquiry to [email protected]
13. Will the AAA consider a flexible payment option again?
Upon request, the AAA can offer a dues Instalment Payment Plan for Registered Architects, Licensed Interior Designers, Interns paying full fees, and Firms and Corporations that allows fees to be paid in three equal instalments:
- Registered Architects paying fees of $1,079.40
- Licensed Interior Designers paying fees of $1,075.20
- Interns paying full fees of $1,075.20
- Firms/Corporations paying fees of $468.30
The instalment payment option is only available with post-dated cheques. Please send 3 post-dated cheques (as per schedule below) to the AAA office, before November 30, 2022. A reminder to include your name and member ID on your cheques please. This will ensure that the payments are applied properly to your account.
Once your post-dated cheques have been received, you will receive an email confirmation within 5 business days that you are signed up to pay in instalments.
Instalment amounts and deadlines are as follows:
||Dec. 15, 2022
Jan. 15, 2023
Feb. 15, 2023
|Licensed Interior Designers, Interns (paying full fees)
- If any cheque is returned, there will be a one-time late fee of $150 and service fee of $25 charged.
- You may continue to receive automated email reminders if instalments are outstanding until annual dues are paid in full.
- Please forward inquiries to [email protected].