Students may become members of the AAA if they are engaged in a course of study in the practice of architecture.
To apply, please complete the Student Membership Application. Student Membership fees will be waived for students enrolled in an Alberta Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) accredited Masters' Program. Membership will conclude as of the date of course completion.
On July 1, 2020, a new Internship in Architecture Program (IAP) was approved by the Regulators and launched in Canada. The new IAP permits Regulatory Organizations of Architecture in Canada (ROAC, formerly CALA) members to accept the submission of student hours for review and consideration by the AAA as part of the IAP program as detailed in Appendix B. Architecture students registered with the AAA may also now log up to 760 pre-graduation hours.
Effective July 1, 2022, to be considered a student, hours must be:
- Obtained while the student is enrolled and attending an accredited program; and,
- Completing the final two years of a CACB accredited Masters' Program.
(See Declaration Form on page 4 of the application)
Any experience gained prior to entering the final two years of a CACB accredited Masters’ Program OR while on leave from the Program, will not be eligible for consideration.
Specifically, architecture students must:
- Enroll/register in the jurisdiction in which they intend to undertake their internship in architecture.
- Use the new fourth edition IAP Manual.
- Ensure that their CERB is complete and submitted at the end of every employment block.
- Students are required to complete the CERB in accordance with the provisions of Appendix B.
For more information, please contact: